COVID-19 EMERGENCY ROLE TO SUPPORT VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS
Are you looking for a way to support vulnerable people during these uncertain times?
If so, we really need your help.
We are looking for Volunteers to support our service users that may be self-isolating or are vulnerable during these times by dropping off essential items to an address.
Please bear in mind that due to the fast-paced situation we are faced with, with advice changing on a daily basis, there may be a bit of a delay between you applying and us being able to place you. Please know that regardless of this we value your support hugely, it is vital, and we will be in touch at some point.
- To support our service users to have access to essential items such as food and medication by providing distance drop off. This would include ringing doorbell and stepping back.
- To collect items from the shops or pharmacy and then to travel to an address for the service user to deliver these items off.
- To liaise and communicate with our staff team regarding these drop-offs.
- To keep records of who you have dropped off to and summary of drop off.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to travel
- Maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills if possible
For more information about Hestia, this opportunity and our extensive benefits with volunteering at Hestia please see our volunteers pack attached to this advert!
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact email@example.com
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with our volunteers and fairly assessed.
Location: We are looking for support all over London, so please get in touch with where you’d be able to support us.
Hours: Flexible commitment
At Hestia, we have been supporting adults and children across London in times of crisis since 1970, meaning this year will mark our 50th anniversary!
Last year we worked with more than 10,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.