COVID-19 EMERGENCY ROLE - SUPPORT VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS
We have paused recruitment for the Telephone Support Volunteer role whilst we process the applications we have received. If you would still like to make an application for the role we will keep you updated with the status of your application, and will try to re-direct you to another role if this role reaches capacity. Thank you so much for your very kind offer of support, we hugely appreciate it during these difficult times, and we appreciate your understanding with the constantly changing nature of the situation.
Are you looking for a way to support vulnerable people during these uncertain times?
If so, we really need your help.
We are looking for Volunteers to support our service users that may be self-isolating or are vulnerable during these times via telephone.
Please bear in mind that due to the fast-paced situation we are faced with, with advice changing on a daily basis, there may be a bit of a delay between you applying and us being able to place you. Please know that regardless of this we value your support hugely, it is vital, and we will be in touch in touch weekly to keep you up to date.
- To phone one of our service users to check an individual’s wellbeing and provide an opportunity for conversation and social connection via phone.
- Agree a mutual agreeable time and frequency that works for both parties.
- To engage in conversation with the service user, allowing them to feel less isolated and supported. As well as receiving key updates from Hestia regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- To keep records of who you have called and summary of each call.
- Feedback to your Volunteer supervisor if you believe they need any other support as an example, food or medication.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good communication skills
- Confident speaking on the phone
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Basic IT skills if possible
For more information about Hestia, this opportunity and our extensive benefits with volunteering at Hestia please see our volunteers pack attached to this advert!
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact email@example.com
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with our volunteers and fairly assessed.
Location: We are looking for support all over London.
Hours: Flexible commitment
At Hestia, we have been supporting adults and children across London in times of crisis since 1970, meaning this year will mark our 50th anniversary!
Last year we worked with more than 10,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.