COVID-19 EMERGENCY ROLE - SUPPORT VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS
We have paused recruitment for the Accommodation Based Support Volunteer role whilst we process the applications we have received. If you would still like to make an application for the role we will keep you updated with the status of your application, and will try to re-direct you to another role if this role reaches capacity. Thank you so much for your very kind offer of support, we hugely appreciate it during these difficult times, and we appreciate your understanding with the constantly changing nature of the situation.
Are you looking for a way to support vulnerable people during these uncertain times?
If so, we really need your help.
We are looking for Volunteers to support our service users in our Accommodation based services.
Please bear in mind that due to the fast-paced situation we are faced with, with advice changing on a daily basis, there may be a bit of a delay between you applying and us being able to place you, if at all but we are incredibly grateful for your kind offer to volunteer. Please know that regardless of us taking you up on this offer, we are hugely grateful during this critical time, and we will be in touch.
- To work alongside staff to provide day-to-day support to Hestia service users and support the services with ad-hoc tasks
- To motivate and encourage service users to keep positive and to engage in activities that support well-being whilst isolating in their individual rooms.
- To support staff with tasks around the accommodation such as health and safety and wellbeing tasks.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with some basic administration skills
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and good working relationships
- You will be someone with a level of accuracy and used to working in a fast-paced environment
- We will like you to have some basic IT skills
- Comfortable in accommodation based services that support vulnerable people
- Friendly and approachable attitude with genuine enthusiasm to support others.
For more information about Hestia, this opportunity and our extensive benefits with volunteering at Hestia please see our volunteers pack attached to this advert!
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with our volunteers and fairly assessed.
Location: We are looking for support all over London, so if you could let us know what postcodes you would be able and willing to travel within in the application form.
Hours: Flexible commitment
At Hestia, we have been supporting adults and children across London in times of crisis since 1970, meaning this year will mark our 50th anniversary!
Last year we worked with more than 10,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support and enable people at the moment of crisis.