Make a difference to someone’s life.
Hestia Tower Hamlets Domestic Abuse Service is driven by the vision to positively contribute to improving the quality of life of vulnerable socially excluded women through the delivery of personalised, preventative and early intervention housing support services that have an enablement focus.
This service is for women and children affected by and fleeing Domestic Abuse, and is also part of the Tower Hamlets Violence against Women and Girls Strategy and contributes to its delivery by providing early intervention, support and the protection of victims.
Our dedicated Team so now looking for a Flexi Refuge Support Worker to provide a high quality service to women and their children ensuring they are provided with a safe environment.
We welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
- Experience of direct work supporting women experiencing Domestic abuse.
- Experience of working with varied community groups and services.
- Experience of working with multicultural communities.
- An understanding of the tasks required to maintain a safe living and working environment.
- An understanding of the risks associated with lone working.
- Working knowledge of statutory and voluntary services available for the client group and the issues involved in providing a co- ordinated service for them.
- Working knowledge of welfare Benefits.
- An understanding of the support interventions required firstly to support a service user to maintain their accommodation at the refuge and to then move to independent accommodation successfully.
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria Hestia will support you to join our existing programme.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
For a detailed job description, benefits overview and terms and conditions, please see our attached job pack.
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistance or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact HRRecruitment@hestia.org
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with candidates and fairly assessed by an internal panel.
Location: Tower Hamlets
Salary: £9.15 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
Working Pattern: late shift 1 day a week with Saturday morning cover 1 -2 times a month
Closing date: 1 June 2017
Interview date: TBC
Hestia is a vibrant, London wide charity that has supported vulnerable adults and children for over 40 years. We empower people across the community to rebuild their lives, realise their potential and live fulfilling and independent lives.
We use our 45 years of experience to support 9,000 adults and children across London. We try to help anyone who needs us, whatever their circumstanceshelping survivors of Domestic Abuse and their families to rebuild their lives, creating a stronger future for themselves in a safe and healthy environment.